Fraser Island is an awesome spot to holiday with the kids. Getaway for some good old fashioned quality family time.
Most kids love the beach and love water and Fraser Island ticks all the boxes for a great family holiday. You can leave the ipads and ipods at home and have a real outdoor adventure.
Find out what Fraser has to offer.
Here is a few ideas to do with the kids :
- Pack the tent in the 4WD and plan a camping adventure
- Roast marshmallows on a campfire
- Make sandcastles and mermaids on the beach
- Play beach cricket
- Have hermit crab races at Wathumba creek
- Go sand boarding on the Dunes at Waddy Point – the kids love it !!
- Float down the beautiful Eli creek on a tube
- Find baby penny turtles in Lake Mackenzie
- Spot the Whales off Indian head
- Get up close and personal with the Pelicans at Waddy point
- Take a walk up to the Sandy Cape lighthouse
- Find Nemo in the ponds at Champagne Pools
- Take the kids fishing and catch a Whiting
- Visit Central Station and learn about Indigenous history
- Have a photo taken at a real shipwreck. The Maheno
- For some real 4WD action drive through Ngkala rocks
Let the kids enjoy the FREEDOM of Fraser Island
A holiday on Fraser Island is a real treat for the kids. They can get in touch with nature and fill their lungs with fresh clean sea air and swim in sparkling fresh water lakes. There are sand dunes to climb, fish to catch and sandcastles to build.
Fraser Island is an awesome place to take the kids